Author Topic: Sidewalk Astronomy October 2018 - - It's a "GO!"  (Read 306 times)

Jonathan Sabin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sidewalk Astronomy October 2018 - - It's a "GO!"
« on: October 12, 2018, 11:30:47 am »
 I don't normally get to call it a "go" 36 hours in advance, but the weather forecast for tomorrow night's Sidewalk Astronomy at Robinson Preserve is excellent.

If you haven't been to this new SA location, I can't say enough good things about it. The area devoted to our telescopes and other equipment is huge, there aren't any street or security lights nearby, and there's almost no waiting for objects to clear obstructions on the horizon--it's almost flat 360 degrees around.

Because of the weather and the great location, I anticipate pretty big crowds tomorrow, so if you're on the fence about coming with a telescope--PLEASE-- get off the fence and come on down! We can use every piece of equipment we can get out there!

You'll be glad you did!

BTW... I've mentioned this previously, but I'll say it again: If you've been to Robinson Preserve just to visit in the daytime and used the entrance at the very western end of 17th Avenue NW, THAT IS NOT THE ENTRANCE OR THE PART OF THE PRESERVE WHERE WE SET UP!

To get to the new site, turn west at the traffic light at the intersection of 75th Street NW and 9th Avenue NW. Drive 1.5 miles due west, and 100 yards past 99th Street NW, you'll see the entrance on your right.

Hope to see you tomorrow!!

Jonathan Sabin,
LGDSO President