Author Topic: We Have A Local Telescope Store  (Read 1712 times)

Ed McDonough

• View Profile
We Have A Local Telescope Store
« on: October 06, 2021, 09:36:22 AM »
The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature is now an authorized telescope dealer. They are one of just two in the entire state of Florida. They carry a very nice selection of telescopes under $500 and binoculars as well. Wolf will be happy to hear that they just received a shipment of SkyWatcher 6" Dobs. If you buy there they will also teach you how to use it. They sell at the regular street prices too, no price gouging. Check it out...support the local business.

Andy Pyatt

• View Profile
Re: We Have A Local Telescope Store
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 10:05:01 PM »
Good to know… I miss brick and mortar stores.  Thanks Ed

Joseph Singer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 06:18:36 PM »
Great…I have my eye on a celestron telescope, awaiting these back orders to disappear. Will be glad to buy locally…thanks Ed

Wolf Schutze

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 07:07:50 PM »
The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature is now an authorized telescope dealer. They are one of just two in the entire state of Florida. They carry a very nice selection of telescopes under $500 and binoculars as well. Wolf will be happy to hear that they just received a shipment of SkyWatcher 6" Dobs. If you buy there they will also teach you how to use it. They sell at the regular street prices too, no price gouging. Check it out...support the local business.

Who's teaching?

Wolf.

Ed McDonough

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 09:23:43 PM »
Hi Wolf. The teaching is done either by myself or Howard, the planetarium manager. Anything up to but not including any imaging techniques. Mostly basic stuff to get folks up and running.