Author Topic: Complete Astrophoto setup w/Nikon P1000  (Read 2560 times)

Jonathan Sabin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Complete Astrophoto setup w/Nikon P1000
« on: September 12, 2019, 12:07:40 PM »
The following is a nearly-new (purchased in December, 2018 and used three times) camera-based, portable astrophoto setup.
Please respond directly to the owner, Jeff Sisk, if you have an interest in purchasing, making an offer, or have any questions. (Contact info below)

This package includes a Nikon P1000 and a Skywatcher AXZ-GTI Alt-Azimuth mount for video and pictures. I have only used this 3 times (haven't had a lot of time), so even though it is a great (very portable) setup, I have decided to sell it. I just started a new business recently, etc. This would be perfect for somebody just getting started and/or a dad with some kids, etc. that wants to learn the basics. I don't want it to just sit in a case.

I was getting ready to list this on ebay or take up to Johnson Photo Imaging, but thought I would look first to see if anybody in the local astronomy clubs might be interested. Photos are attached.

• Nikon Coolpix P1000 Superzoom camera (Read a detailed review of this camera at the link:  https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-coolpix-p1000)
• Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote
• Veatree 77mm Lens Hood Set
• Nikon Bluetooth ML-L7 Wireless Remote
• Skywatcher USA AZ-GTI ALT-AZIMUTH Mount
• Two 1020 mAh Extra Batteries/Charger
• Tiffen 77mm 12 Moon Filter (Yellow)
• Threaded Black Polymer Solar Filter 77mm (excellent filter)

I am amazed at the pictures and video... the moon, mars, jupiter, saturn... I wish they had this when I was a kid! (I am 55). The camera has an HDMI out, so as you can see in the pictures, I had mounted a 1080p monitor on the tripod for live viewing with a group (monitor not included but somebody could get this for $49 at walmart). It also comes with its own version of autostar.. it is very easy to aim, and the tracking works great. I have original box, manuals, etc. It also has an iphone app that works great also.

Paid $1,545.18 in December, 2018.

Asking $1,060.66 for the complete package.

Regards, Jeff Sisk

Jeffrey Sisk
CEO, SWANsat LLC
http://swansat.com
js@swansat.com
(352) 220-2440

Jonathan Sabin,
LGDSO President