Author Topic: Sidewalk Astronomy 2017-2018  (Read 5071 times)

Jonathan Sabin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sidewalk Astronomy 2017-2018
« on: May 24, 2017, 03:47:51 PM »
Hello to all LGDSO members and Forum guests!

I am pleased to announce that I have finalized our Sidewalk Astronomy schedule for 2017-2018.

Our observing season begins on September 23rd at a brand-new location...GT Bray Park in Bradenton. Specifically, we will be setting up on the large field just east of the US Coast Guard Aux building that's near the 59th Street entrance to the park.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we will not be holding any more events on the City of Holmes Beach property.

The complete schedule for the coming year is attached. Feel free to post/share/reproduce these flyers if you wish.

Looking forward to yet another great year of observing!

Jonathan
Jonathan Sabin,
LGDSO President

Ed McDonough

• View Profile
Re: Sidewalk Astronomy 2017-2018
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 11:50:45 AM »
Congratulations on flushing out a new site Jonathan. I'm sure it was frustrating for you. Not the greatest skies here but should draw HUGE crowds.

Jonathan Sabin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 12:36:06 PM »
Thanks, Ed!

I'm just glad I didn't wait around too long before starting the process!  :o

In the end, it may have taken over a month to iron out all of the issues, (and find a suitable replacement for Holmes Beach), but now it's done--and we still have four months to promote it!    :D
Jonathan Sabin,
LGDSO President

Ed McDonough

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 12:58:17 PM »
I know you had been working with Aedan Stockdale from Manatee County Parks and Recreation on seeking out a new site to replace Holmes Beach. He tells me that they also will be co-promoting the 3 GT Bray events. As you know, they also have their monthly program so combining and cross promoting these should make for a massive turnout!!!

Jonathan Sabin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 11:08:24 AM »
Yes... given the fact that Manatee County's Parks and Nat. Resources Department will also be promoting our Sidewalk Astronomy events at GT Bray, I expect the turnout to be awesome!
Jonathan Sabin,
LGDSO President