Author Topic: Tiltall Model 4602 Tripod  (Read 2182 times)

Jonathan Sabin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tiltall Model 4602 Tripod
« on: October 27, 2020, 06:19:53 PM »
Tiltall Model 4602 Tripod - $85

With some reluctance, I am selling my vintage Tiltall model 4602 tripod.

This is a well-designed aluminum workhorse that has been with me on countless nights in dark sky locations as far ranging as the Florida Keys to rural Nebraska --and on two occasions, I brought it with me all the way Down Under to the Australian Outback!

But I've decided to go with something a wee-bit lighter and slightly more compact.

With all three legs fully extended, the head of this tripod sits approximately 71" above the ground. Completely collapsed, it is just over 29" in length. It weighs in at 5 lbs 8 oz.

Everything works very well... a few years ago, I disassembled, cleaned, and greased every knob, screw, etc. Plus, I replaced the 1/4-20 screw in the head, as well as the flexible pad on the head (that surrounds the screw.)
The only part that is 'aged' are the 3 rubber feet, which are all intact, but they're probably a bit 'harder' than they were when new.

They are still selling the latest version of this very model, brand-new for just under $190.00: 
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1237244-REG/tiltall_tripod_te_01s_te_original_series_tripod.html

Or, you can get my well-cared for original for just $85.

It should go without saying that the Nikon DSLR shown in the full-length photo is NOT included in the purchase price!

If interested, or for more info, call me at 941-518-8695.
Jonathan Sabin,
LGDSO President