Author Topic: Solar observers! Televue "Sol Searcher" tool  (Read 1532 times)

Jonathan Sabin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Solar observers! Televue "Sol Searcher" tool
« on: November 24, 2019, 02:41:07 PM »
Televue Sol-Searcher - - NEW IN BOX  $20

You would think that pointing your telescope at the Sun would be a piece of cake, but it's actually a bit harder than it looks.

This nifty little item from Televue mounts to your OTA and not only makes pointing to the Sun easy, but you do it while facing away from the Sun! (See the images to see what it looks like when you're both near, and centered on the Sun)

This item is brand-new and in the box with all the mounting tools/instructions/etc. it sells right now on Amazon for $33.00 

<https://www.amazon.com/Televue-SSF-1006-Sol-Searcher-Solar-Finder/dp/B000B785SG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Televue&qid=1574624019&sr=8-1>

It's never been used, never been mounted to a scope, and the only time it's even been out of the box is when I opened it to take the attached photographs. (The top image shows the Sun "almost" centered, and the second shows what it looks like when it is centered). The first time you set it up, you need to tweak it, as you would any finderscope to make sure the devise is aligned with your optical path.

If you're interested or have questions, you can either send me a message (cosmosjon@aol.com), or give me a call at 941-518-8695.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 02:44:22 PM by Jonathan Sabin »
Jonathan Sabin,
LGDSO President