Author Topic: Sidewalk Astronomy September 2018 - - It's a "GO!"  (Read 2233 times)

Jonathan Sabin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sidewalk Astronomy September 2018 - - It's a "GO!"
« on: September 15, 2018, 01:11:03 PM »
SIDEWALK ASTRONOMY AT THE CELERY FIELDS
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15TH

THE WEATHER LOOKS GOOD!

It's not very often that I get to call a "go-no-go" by noon on the day of a scheduled Sidewalk Astronomy event, but my confidence for this evening being REALLY NICE, is pretty high!

The attached screenshot is from a weather tool I use. I've highlighted the "important" blocks in yellow, as that's when we'll be out at the Celery Fields...from a bit before 8:00 p.m. until around 11 or so.

The top row indicates the expected cloud cover. Dark blue squares are good. Light blue are so-so. And if they're white... forget it! But they're blue... so we're good!

The next row shows "transparency," and though I'd prefer to see dark blue squares, the ice-blue squares show that we'll probably have a hazy layer above us for most of the evening--but it's not going to ruin our observing.

The next row shows "seeing," and that refers to how steady the skies are. These range from mid-blue to dark blue, so we should be enjoying some pretty steady images!

See you all tonight!
Jonathan Sabin,
LGDSO President